Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Saints set a record for successive home wins!

I had planned to go to Morning Prayer at All Saints this morning but nobody turned up - this is the problem with not having a weekly newssheet any more.  The weather was quite grim today with reports later on of tornadoes breaking out in the UK.  I worked in the study in the morning writing and sending out quite a number of letters and emails for Complex.  At lunchtime I went into Salisbury, leaving my car at the Peterfinger Park & Ride, and getting the bus into the city centre.  I did some more banking for the Calendar (another £200-odd) and met Sara in Pound Stretcher quite by accident - I went in to buy an exercise book and Sara was doing some Christmas stocking shopping.  I spent this afternoon in Sarum College library planning out my second assignment and listening to the howling gale and rain which was pelting the windows. However, by the time I left at 3.45 p.m. the weather had abated and I walked out in quiet and fairly mild weather.  I called in at PC World to buy Mary's birthday present and got home about 5 p.m.  Tonight Tom and I went into Suouthampton to watch the Saints v. Hull City game.  Saints played poorly in the first half letting in a goal before half time and going into the break losing 0-1. West Ham were winning away at Middlesbrough by the same margin.  Two quick goals from the Saints in the second half assured another win - the 21st successive win at home (St. Mary's) and a football league record (previously held by Liverpool).   West Ham beat Middlesbrough 0-2 which meant that Southampton remain top of the Championship but only two points and two goal difference ahead of West Ham.  However, Saints are eight points clear of the playoffs and the table tonight really does show how West Ham and Southampton appear to be running away with the two automatic promotion places at the moment.  Off to Doncaster on Saturday - I have now got the tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment