Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Day at College

A full day at Sarum College today where all the LLM/Fuondation Degree students met and then went to our various different study groups.  Today I was in the group studying the planning and leading of worship and preaching.  I had already completed the Lay Worship Leaders' course so much of the course work for planning and leading worship was very familiar to me.  After an excellent lunch in the refectory, I enjoyed the afternoon session on preaching.  I will need to lead three services and preach three sermons before June 2012.  I will also need to attend services of another church - an evangelical/charismatic church and a higher Anglo-Catholic church and study the liturgy.  Following on from the subject of theological reflection, this is much closer to what I feel called to do.  Quite a lot of work ahead still.   I met up with Sara andMary afterwards in Lidl's where we did a large shop of groceries for the week ahead.  Tonight Sara and I watched a movie of TV and caught up with the football events of the day.  Neither Tom nor I had been able to St. Mary's today where the mighty Saints beat Brighton & Hove Albion 3-0 and reamin five points clear at the top of the Championship table.  They now have 39 points!  Portsmouth lost away at Watford (2-0) and Grimsby could only manage a 2-2 draw against struggling Newport County.   Just hope that Saints win against Hull in a couple of weeks when I return to St. Mary's otherwise my friends in the surrounding season ticket seats will want me to stay away more often.  Now a month since I sat in my seat!  The tickets for the Doncaster game didn't arrive today.  If they don't arrive on Monday I will have to chase them.

No comments:

Post a Comment