Friday, November 11, 2011

Third Member of the "Compo Group" found?

A bit of catching up to do today.  Not a very pleasant day - it seemed to be overcast and depressing weather wise.  The hedge-cutters arrived to tidy up and reduce the front hedge.  They will trim it back but I think we need to get it removed and probably replaced by a low slow growing yew hedge like next door's. This morning I went over to Alderbury to meet Sophie for coffee at the Coffee Shop where we observed two minutes silence at 11 a.m.  Sophie is going to help me put together my essays for the LLM assignments which I must get together next week.  I can't put it off any longer.  We also discussed House Group and other church issues.  I handed over the Plass/Lucas tickets to Alison for the Alderbury contingent.  Following coffee I drove into Salisbury to do some banking and get some money for the hedge cutters.  I stopped off at the Lord Nelson to see Sara and had a chat with Jan and David - David will join us on Sunday night as part of the "Last of the Summer Wine" Quiz Team.  This afternoon I did some Complex work and tonight Sara went to Firsdown to do a Vie Party.  I watched an interesting Time Team programme in which the team investigated the site of Dorchester and Salisbury Streets in Shoreditch which had been destroyed in the Blitz and were now covered by Shoreditch Park.  Absolutely fascinating especially the discovery of the skeleton of a cat which former residents who were interviewed identified as being a the remains of a big black furry cat called "Blackie" which had belonged to their lodger and was killed in the bombing. Modern archaeology at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment