Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All Aboard!

The weather was a little warmer today but never reached much above zero degrees Centigrade. More work to do for Complex clients this morning and this afternoon I had a meeting with Trethowans the solicitors in Salisbury to discuss arrangements for referring some of Complex's clients to them for signing off compromise agreements. We are truly busy at the moment. A very satisfactory meeting and it was also nice to see Julie from the Lion's Head in their offices - a familiar face. I hadn't realised that as well as being married to Anton, the landlord, she had also been employed by Trethowans as their Facilities Manager for 30 years! After my meeting I went into Salisbury to do some essential shopping including Sara's main Christmas present - it's a surprise so cannot divulge it just yet. Finished up in Waitrose getting some final grocery items and filling Sara's car with fuel - we both have to use it at present as mine is still stuck in the snow and ice in our drive - it hasn't moved since last Friday! At least I am getting plenty of walking in at the moment which I hope will keep my weight down - it's Fat Fighter's "Weigh-In Day" tomorrow! I finally managed to get the model railway layout working after filing down the ends of the rails and piercing my thumb with a piece of fishplate in the process - blood on the track looked like there had been a major rail disaster in miniature! I have mounted the rails on an old pasting table which, unfortunately, bows in the middle and that has caused all sorts of problems. Still, Tom is taking an interest and there is much room for creativity. Sara and I ended the day watching "Grumpy Old Women" on the TV. Not sure why as we are both grumpy ourselves and tend to agree with everything said!

No comments:

Post a Comment