Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"Mrs December"

I little warmer today but the snow still remains and some of the side roads are certainly treacherous. I spent most of the morning working on Complex matters with a couple of teleconferences with clients. There is quite a bit of pressure to get compromise agreements in place before the end of the year hence the pressure here at the moment. Additionally I had to print off all the quiz questions and answer sheets for tonight's Church quiz and social at the Lord Nelson. The Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF) books arrived at lunchtime today so I also needed to sort these out and get them into envelopes for the recipients so I could give a few out at this evening's event. Sara has decided to go ahead with her "Calendar Girls" idea and asked me to kick-start the process by taking a picture of her as "Mrs. December" which she can then send to other prospective "Months". She has three, possibly four volunteers but needs another six or seven. The resulting photo is posted here. This afternoon I went for a three-mile walk to East Winterslow delivering some of the BRF material as I went along. The air was crisp but not too cold and wearing proper hiking boots and using my ice stick did the circuit in about an hour and a half. Clough Lane and Pincroft Lane were very icy but I did meet a runner along Pincroft Lane moving very rapidly. I stopped off for chats with Lynne, Chris, Hilary and Richard on my way round. Despite this long walk I did not have a very good day "pointswise" as at the social event tonight I had three pints of beer and some buffet food/nibbles which I really should have left alone - hey but it was a treat! Still not used up all my "naughty points" this week. Late on this afternoon I got my model railway out as Tom has expressed an interest to build a proper layout. I managed to build a small circuit and tested all the electrics with a small shunter which worked okay for a time but there is a loose connection to the track which will need soldering. I am quite enthusiastic about getting all up and working and Tom certainly wants to vent his creativity on the landscaping. The social and quiz was a success but we were missing quite a few stalwarts - mainly due to the weather. We were a little amazed that the bible round of the quiz did not score as highly we expected - seeing it was a church function! Back home, Sara and I watch the first two episodes of the dramatisation of The Nativity. More work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment