Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve and the snow still lays on the ground around us. Very cold again today with further cold spells forecast over the next few days. After dealing with a number of business emails which came in overnight and early this morning I chatted with Sara's brother, Adam, via Skype before setting off for a 2 mile walk to deliver Bible Reading Fellowship books and some presents for Richard and Linda, Dave and Bev and Ben the dog. My trip took me nearly an hour and a half as I was invited in at each location having a cup of coffee and a lovely chat with Bev and Dave at Morning Star. Tonight I cooked the traditional gammon joint for our Christmas Eve supper which we had with cider - the remainder is in the fridge to server up cold with boiled eggs for Christmas Day breakfast. I know Sara is anxious to open some presents tonight but I always prefer to leave them until Christmas Day and enjoy the surprise that day. We decided not to go to the Crib service this afternoon and as we are going to church tomorrow morning we will give the Midnight Eucharist service a miss too.

No comments:

Post a Comment