Thursday, December 16, 2010

The scales don't lie - or do they?

The weather was much milder this morning but because of the severe weather warnings for the north I had decided, last night, not to venture northwards to Grimsby for fear of being stranded by the appalling severe weather predicted for the weekend. Sara and I went to Stockbridge this morning to be weighed in at "Fat Fighters" and I was disappointed to find that I had only lost one pound this last week. I suppose fish and chips on Saturday and an evening ball haven't helped. I have also not been dog-walking this week and been quite sedentary. Still at least its a pound in the right direction. Only another pound and a half before my first stone has come off. Sara also lost a pound so for the first time in four weeks we lost exactly the same. Whilst at the meeting I received a phone call from a grateful client who had managed to successfully negotiate a substantial increase on his severance package thanks to advice I had given. This afternoon, after lunch of a bacon roll, I went into Salisbury to buy Tom's new laptop from PC World and to do some banking and other errands. I also went to the Leisure Centre and spent an hour in the gym doing some cycling and walking - 6 pro-points. I weighed myself whilst there and the machine recorded my weight as 6 pounds lighter than the Fat Fighter's scales! If they are correct I have definitely lost more than a stone since the Summer! Not sure which scales to believe now. I also did some shopping in Waitrose and bought us a duck for either Boxing Day or New Year's Day. This was at Mary's request. On the way back to the village from Salisbury the snow started to come down quite heavily confirming my worries that a trip to Grimsby was not such a good idea. Tonight we all watched the Royal Variety Performance on the TV. Tomorrow sees the last day of school for the kids. Up early tomorrow, weather permitting, to attend the Ambassadors' meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment