Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy 10th Birthday, Mary!

Mary's tenth birthday today - Happy Birthday! Mary came into our bedroom quite early to open all her presents and read her cards. Unfortunately for her, it was a normal school day and Sara bought Freddo chocolate bars and fingers of fudge for her to distribute to all her classmates. Sara spent the morning ironing whilst I dealt with Complex work - accounts and drafting a dismissal letter for our client in Liverpool. I also spoke to another client concerning his severance package. Lunch was soup and a roll and I spent the afternoon writing my two articles for the Parish Magazine and writing the remainder of the Christmas cards which need posting - I will be so pleased when they are all completed. Tonight we had a Chinese supper (one of Mary's favourites) and I was delighted to find that special chow mein was only 12 points. I indulged myself with a couple of glasses of wine too! I spoke to Mum and my sister Heather and Sara's father phoned from the States to wish Mary a happy birthday. Sara's brother Adam also called from Thailand and we had a long chat about his proposed visit to England and France in May next year. It looks as though I will be taking them over to Paris at some point for a couple of days. We can't decide at this moment whether to use the car, plane or train. Plenty of time to decide. Very tired this evening after a late night last night. Will look forward to my bed this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment