Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snow Again!

Well the dreaded snow finally arrived this morning - we woke to about four inches of snow on the ground and my car deeply covered and stranded in the drive. Fortunately, as we had expected this, Sara's car was in the lay-by at the top of the close so we had at least one means of transport should we need it. Much of the rest of the country is also covered and there is massive disruption at the airports, particular London Heathrow. Thank goodness we are not spending Christmas abroad this year. I spent an hour this morning delivering church Christmas cards to houses in our neighbourhood and enjoyed the exercise - I also took the opportunity to deliver a few of our own cards to our friends and neighbours. Mary's friends had stayed over and they had great fun building a snowman. I had a late brunch today (helps keep the points down!) and this afternoon wrote out the last of the local cards - until I ran out. Sara cooked a lovely smoked haddock fishcake for supper washed down with some New Zealand bubbly from Waitrose. This evening I wrote my prayers of intercession for church tomorrow and Sara and I watched three episodes of Air Crash Investigation before going to bed - a nice warm bed thanks to the electric blanket. It is just so cold. I think that I will be walking to church tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment