Wednesday, December 01, 2010

New Nashers

The cold spell continues and the north of England is now gripped in intense blizzard conditions with temperatures as low as -27 degrees Celsius being recorded in Scotland. The east coast of England and South Yorkshire are particularly bad. Down here in Wiltshire we are fortunate that no further snow fell overnight but conditions are icy with temperatures of -2 degrees. I was up early because I had an appointment with the dentist at 8.30 a.m. to have my top teeth veneered. I took the Park & Ride bus and was in the dentist's waiting room at just after 8.15 a.m. which gave me time to read an interesting magazine article about the Chagos Islands (British Indian Ocean Territory) where our friend Chris is currently based (Diego Garcia). I spent an hour and a half in the dentist's chair - one of the most uncomfortable experiences in my life - but it was worth it as I now have a decent looking set of top teeth instead of the inwardly sloping ones I had before. My bottom teeth are still a mess but there is not a lot that be done about that unless they are removed - something no UK dentist will do. From the dentist's I had a meeting with a client in the upstairs' back room of Caffe Nero where I spent another hour and a half discussing his case and giving advice. Then it was home via the bus and car. It was bitterly cold. Mary had to be picked up from school this afternoon as she was feeling unwell - I have a horrible cold too following my dog-walking on Monday - and she spent the afternoon watching TV at home. Tonight I attended a lodge meeting in Salisbury and had to be careful what I ate as the meal was "pro-point" loaded. I was delighted, however, that my masonic suit seemed to fit me better - indicating some inch-loss around the waist. It will be interesting to see the measurements at Fat Fighters tomorrow. Tim from Brighton joined us tonight and we had a very convivial evening with carols during the festive board. On the way home the snow was falling quite briskly and I fear we may be in for a bit of a house siege tomorrow - pity because I would dearly like to go to Fat Fighters - just to see how I am doing after a second, and harder, week. Tonight Sara was also out - another Vie party - this time in Larkhill. Not a very lucrative evening with only 3 people there - but they did spend well. Looking forward to my bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment