Friday, December 03, 2010

A Snowy Dog Walk

Deep snow today still and very cold. Mary's school was open but she was feeling poorly so stayed at home. Tom's school was closed again so we were all at home today. My car remains snowed in. I was due to go to a business breakfast meeting this morning but thought better of it and decided to write up yesterday's blog in bed. This cold really does get to you. Lucy was unable to walk Ben today so I took him for a nice three miles walk which took us about two hours in the snow. We took the route Richard uses with Hugo and Ben had a wonderful time with his squeaky ball burying it and then digging it up again in the snow drifts. It really was beautiful up on the the hills around Bentley Woods - with the freezing fog about it was eerie too as it was not always possible to work out where you were. This evening Mary was demonstrating her cheer leading skills with others at the School Christmas Fayre which Sara and I attended. Later tonight, all four of us joined in the Quiz and Chips evening at the Lord Nelson. I was able to use the Weight Watchers points I had achieved on my long walk to treat myself to the fish and chips and pint of beer without guilt! We came fourth in the quiz which wasn't bad when you consdier there were really only two of us - Sara and myself. When we came out we discovered it was raining which was slowly dissolving the snow but leaving a lethal layer of ice in the current -8 Degrees C environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment