Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A day at home - more bad weather on the way

Sara was out at Morning Star this morning leaving me to finish off the Christmas cards - only a few more to do before the second class postage cut-off date. I made myself a good breakfast of bacon rashers, mushrooms and an egg. I also sent off the Mission Giving cheques to the various charities which the church is supporting this year. It will be good for them to get these before Christmas. I received two lovely letters from Morning star in respect of the donation given to them by the church and from the pub quiz. Tom went with the school to Southampton this afternoon to see the pantomime, Aladdin, starring Paul O'Grady and I went to his school in Stockbridge this evening to pick him up from the coach. Dinner this evening was a stir fry but I felt quite stuffed and with no dog walking this week can't see how I will have lost any weight. Tomorrow sees another trip to Fat Fighters but I am not too optimistic of a very good result this week. Still in a quandary as to whether or not I should drive up to Grimsby. The weather tomorrow might be okay but there are severe weather warnings for Friday night and Saturday up there with a possible 20 cm of snow. There is a very strong possibility that I might not be able to get back for Christmas. As things stand at the moment I think I might have to abandon the trip - and possibly the trip to Walsall on Saturday. This awful weather is likely to cause major disruption throughout the UK. Let's see what tomorrow brings - I'll do any packing in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment