Thursday, December 02, 2010

Winter in Winterslow

Woke up this morning to about four inches of snow. Brrrr! Both of the children's schools were closed today and so they had to stay at home. The bad weather also meant that the Weight Watcher's meeting at Stockbridge was cancelled but we could still be weighed in at a meeting at Andover. My car (see picture) was snowed in on the drive but Sara was able to get her car out on to the main road as she had parked in the Village Hall car park and so went off to Andover with Mary in the car with us. I was a bit disappointed as I had only lost one and a half pounds this week (making a total of six pounds in two weeks) but was assured that this was a good result. Bearing in mind that this week I have attended two meals (Morning Star's lunch and my masonic dinner last night) and had fishcake and chips in Southampton and beer and peanuts on Sunday at the Lion's Head not a bad result. Just very pleased that I have been out dog walking! We all went into Andover town centre and I did some banking whilst Sara and Mary did some shopping in the Chantry Centre. This evening we had a good turnout for the House Group - six of us, which with the appalling weather was excellent. Tomorrow morning I should be attending the Ambassadors' Breakfast at the Grasmere Hotel but in view of the freezing cold weather I think I'll have a lie-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment