Monday, December 06, 2010

Trip to North Polar Regions (Grimsby) Abandoned!

The icy weather continues but isn't as severe as it seems further north. This morning, Sara and I went into Andover to do some Christmas shopping in advance of my three-day trip to Grimsby tomorrow. We managed to get most things there - I find that the number of shops and variety really helpful for finding presents. Sara picked up her ordered dress for the Vie ball next Monday night - it looks really good on her. Once back home I took Ben out for his lunchtime walk - this time going over Mill Lane and down into the woodland at the bottom of the hill. As we walked down the farmer in the field adjacent to ours started muck spreading - what an awful experience that was - the smell quite overpowering. The walk was a little over 2 miles so Ben had a good trip out. After a light lunch I was delighted to get my car out of the drive - the first time it had moved since last Wednesday evening - and went into Salisbury to get top up with fuel and also to get some cards and a present for my nephew, James, to take up to Grimsby tomorrow. As I returned home I encountered freezing fog and a temperatures of -2 degrees C. Once again the roads are turning nasty. This evening I phoned Mum and Auntie Mim and read the weather reports on the Internet for Grimsby. They still have two feet of snow and temperatures falling at night to -15 degrees C. I therefore made the decision to abandon my trip up to Grimsby this week and will go next week with the prospect of going to Saints' away match at Walsall on the Saturday. Now, this week, I'll be at home to plan the Food for Thought service and deal with other pressing matters. Feeling really tired this afternoon and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment