Monday, December 13, 2010

A Vie-lly nice evening

It's always good to get dressed up in a black tie outfit and tonight I was accompanying Sara to her Vie Christmas party function at the De Vere Hotel in Southampton forgoing a trip to my usual masonic Christmas dinner in Brighton. However, I had much to do first today including a trip to the dentist's at 8.20 a.m. for a check-up and to discuss some further cosmetic dental work. I met Sara for coffee at Caffe Nero and then she went off to have her nails "done" whilst I went to Poundland to get some essential gifts for Morning Star to give to some of the homeless men on the streets of Salisbury e.g. scarves, hats, gloves, toiletries, chocolate etc. We met up again at the nail bar and spent some more time together shopping for the family. We returned home separately and I then spent some time this afternoon on consultancy work in the study before we got dressed up to go out this evening. I spoke briefly to my sister on the phone to discuss Mum's problem about having no one to look after her following an operation next week. We are both tied up with our own responsibilities and live great distances. The weather looks as though it is likely to turn nasty and we both think Mum should try and put it off until after Christmas if possible. I am due to go up there later this week, hopefully when the weather is reasonable but will need to get back on Saturday afternoon before the weather closes in. Going up on Saturday could be a problem. I am sure the hospital can keep her in overnight if necessary. Sara and I had a pleasant evening in Southampton although the food was minimal - no problem for us on our diets. The room was beautifully decorated but very dark. We had to sit through some award ceremonies and Sara nominated me as Supporting Partner of the Year or some such thing. I had to go out on the stage with my nomination envelope in front of 170 people - what a shock! I didn't win but it was a nice surprise and Sara had some written some wonderful things in the nomination envelope. I really am proud of her and her successes with Vie and love her to bits even if I am planning my revenge now!

No comments:

Post a Comment