Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Cold Climate


Another day in the village - unless I have to go out I am content to stay at home in this exceedingly cold weather. Sara did her usual stint at Morning Star this morning and I attended the Mid Week Eucharist up at St. John's Church which was conducted by Nils. It gave me an opportunity to speak to Elizabeth and others about their roles at the Food for Thought service on Sunday. I spent much of the afternoon writing Christmas cards as well as doing some consultancy work for Complex. An established client in Liverpool is going to have to lay off staff and I have been asked to assist in the process by advising on the fair way to do this. All our work at the moment seems to be of a negative nature as businesses struggle in this equally cold economic climate. I cannot see things getting any better in the New Year as VAT is increased. The true costs of state overspending under the previous government are now beginning to take their toll as the coalition seeks to redress the balance. Tonight, Sara had a Vie party in Salisbury and I watched the Oliver Stone film, JFK. If only it wasn't so cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment