Friday, December 17, 2010

Chocolate Sleep-Over

The expected snow did not arrive overnight but it is mighty cold this morning! I was up very early today to attend the last Ambassadors' Business Breakfast meeting before Christmas. Ate bacon and scrambled eggs with mushrooms missing out the black pudding ans sausages which I would normally add to my plate. I am determined to reach the one stone loss mark by next Thursday - achievable with care. I returned home and worked on some Complex matters as well as finishing off all the postal Christmas cards - job done! Mary was still feeling under the weather today and so I collected her from school so that she could have a hot meal (soup and a roll) for lunch and returned her at 1 p.m. to take part in the school Christmas service which, this year, was not open to the parents as it was being held in the school assembly hall and not the church and so all the parents could not be accommodated. I called in at the Lord Nelson to see Sara and bumped into James who bought me a pint of excellent porter (well I couldn't refuse could I?). Tonight Mary had a couple of friends over for a "sleep-over" and the chocolate fountain came out again! I took Tom up to Sarum Academy this evening for his football practice although his game tomorrow (as is the Saints game at Walsall) postponed. My intention was to drop him off and then spend an hour in the gym to earn some activity points but when I tried to get into the gym I was reminded me that my membership only allowed me to use it before 6 p.m. and not after that time! This meant that I would have to borrow some of my weekly "naughty points" if I was to have a couple of pints of beer with Richard in the Lion's Head tonight - a previous appointment we'd made so we could finalise the questions for the church quiz next Tuesday. Never mind, I bit of walking tomorrow is now in order. Had a very pleasant evening with Richard and two other villagers discussing diets, flags, schools and generally putting the world to rights. Anton also has a fine winter ale on at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog whilst looking for local info for our new Horticultural Society blog which I am setting up http://winterslowanddistricthorticulturalsociety.wordpress.com/ I also have my own blog http://www.twochancesvegplot.co.uk/ happy to put a link to you on them to promote other Winterslow-based sites. I must pop into the Lion's Head and try that winter ale!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try the porter at the Lord Nelson too

    ReplyDelete