Tuesday, December 07, 2010

England Win the Second Ashes Test

The cold weather continues with freezing conditions including freezing fog. Getting up this morning, I was so glad that I wasn't driving the 260 miles to Grimsby. After breakfast of sausages, bacon and mushrooms, Sara and I started work on the Food for Thought service for Sunday. We have chosen the music, Sara has adapted a play (skit) on the subject of gifts and we have the poster printing in hand. I still need to prepare my talk/facilitation on the gifts of the Holy Spirit and we need to organise the food. At lunchtime I took Ben out for his second midday walk of the week. This time we walked down Witt Road to Bentley Wood and did our anti-clockwise picnic area walk - a total of 2.8 miles if you include my walk to and from his house. Neither Sara nor I left the village today. This afternoon I had two telephone conferences with clients - it is so good to be doing something I am trained for again - legal advice. Tonight Sara cooked one of my favourite meals - lambs liver, onions and mash - only 10 pro-points too! The only thing missing was the sage which I love. This was all used up on the stuffing for the Sunday roast. I spoke to Mum again who confirmed that the weather in Grimsby has not improved and that I made the correct decision in staying down here. This was also confirmed in a brief telephone discussion I had with David Kaye when I phoned him to let him know that I would not be seeing him tomorrow as planned. Hopefully I will be able to get up to Lincolnshire next week. Feeling really tired tonight. Probably the result of staying up late last night to watch England win the Second Ashes Test when they bowled out five Aussies in the space of less than an two hours. Well done lads, another win and we retain the Ashes on Australian soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment