Friday, December 10, 2010

Village Carol Concert

A very busy day today with the weather a little warmer than recently. I was up early and dealt with a number of items in the study before setting off for Salisbury where I was to meet a client at Caffe Nero. I chose to use the Park and Ride service which I had been told was currently free - it was not and I had to pay £2,50. Still, as it happened, that was still cheaper than it would have cost to park in town for three hours. My meeting went well and just as I was leaving I met Bev and Dave from Morning Star in the coffee shop and stopped and had a chat with them. They were waiting for some flyers to printed for distribution at tonight's carol concert. Following my meeting I did some Christmas shopping/birthday shopping for Mary - picking up a chocolate fountain from Argos and some fair trade chocolate from Poundland. I visited the cash n'carry after I left Salisbury and picked up some USA wine and other drinks and nibbles for the Food for Thought service on Sunday. With VAT going up in January I thought it appropriate to stock up on wine for home at the lower VAT rate - that's my excuse for now having a garage full of wine! Back home I dealt with another client's matter before taking Tom up to Sarum Academy for his football training session. Having dropped him off, I rushed back home to go with Sara to the Village Community Carol Service. A lovely ecumenical event hosted by the pastor of the Baptist Church. Coffee and mince pies followed - I stuck to the coffee. Really lovely occasion. Richard and I met up at the Lion's Head for a couple of pints and discussed Sunday's quiz with Anton, the landlord. Anton bought us each a pint of bitter - a real red letter day. Sara has been working on the Food for Thought presentation today and we are just about there. Mary had a sleep over with her girl friends, Ally and Molly. They were still up laughing and giggling at 1.30 a.m. Little sleep for any of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment