Saturday, December 04, 2010

Spaced Out!

Another chilly start today. Mary was off to London today to take part in a cheer leading convention or some such activity at Crystal Palace. The coach had to pick them up at the Hill Top Grill rather than the Village Hall because of the treacherous icy roads in the village and on the hills leading up to Winterslow. Sara dropped me off at the Lord Nelson on the way so I could join the Men's Breakfast Group there. Roger, the landlord, treated us to bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes (8 points in total!) and we spent half an hour or so after breakfast discussing the future of our planet with the ever diminishing resources as well as the WikiLeak scandal. Back home I discovered that another very senior executive was wanting my assistance on an employment matter and I did speak to him in the evening. I washed up and tidied the kitchen on my return as well as writing a few Christmas cards. My cold seems to be getting worse and i really did very little today after lunch except watch TV (there were a number of interesting programmes on astronomy and space travel - particularly the lunar landings). Sara made an excellent beef casserole for dinner (13 points with the two Yorkshire puddings) and a half glass of Guinness. As I write this I am well within my points budget today - in fact, I can have a small whisky before I go to bed tonight and still be within budget. I think I will to help my cold recovery. Purely medicinal you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment