Monday, December 27, 2010

Another Long Walk (and for Ponting!)

The weather has warmed up a little today and is now above freezing. Unfortunately not enough to be able to get my car out of the drive. I tried several times and although I shovelled the top layer of snow off the drive it was not sufficient to get the car right out; although I did manage to get it to the top of the drive and was only a foot or so away from getting it out. Southampton FC have announced that the game against Huddersfield Town tomorrow is still on so I will need to get it out tomorrow morning. Let's hope the slow thaw continues. Today I went off for another long walk - 3.26 miles this time. My route took me down Cobb Lane to Dunstable Cross, through Church Hollow returning via Weston Lane (through the copse) and across Barry's Field to the Village Hall and back home. The journey took me an hour and a half as I stopped off to take some photos (see one of Cobb Lane above) and the track down to Dunstable Cross alongside the Roman road was not easy to walk on. Tonight Sara served up an amazingly good paella from a Weight Watcher's recipe and we all watched National Lampoon Christmas Holiday which the kids thought hilarious. Tom then spent some time gaming on his XBox whilst Sara and Mary watched Sister Act. I went to bed early and watched the highlights from yesterday's third day of the fourth Ashes Test Match. England ended yesterday on 444-5 and tonight I watched the live coverage which brought their First Innings' total to 513-All Out. Overnight, Australia struggled to 169-5 against the English seam bowlers. An English win and the retention of the Ashes look inevitable barring an absolute disaster. Not much sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment