Monday, January 24, 2011

Afternoon in Cleethorpes with family


Woke up reasonably early this morning and made tea for Mum and myself. I then spent a little time reading my devotionals and in reflective prayer. Mum cooked bacon, mushrooms and scrambled eggs - a good Weight Watchers' start to the day. A new client phoned me wanting some urgent advice which I was able to give quickly over the phone. I then walked briskly to Blundell Park where I spent an hour with a coffee whilst accessing the Internet through their free wireless hotspot and was able to post my blog and deal with some Facebook traffic. Returning to Mum's we had thick vegetable soup before I drove off to Cleethorpes to visit untie Mim and Harry. I also met some cousins who had called in because it was Harry's birthday. I spent a lovely three hours or so with Mim - she is such a good hostess and a positive individual. Her family have been beset with such awful health problems - both her grandchildren struck down with tumours and now her granddaughter's husband has kidney problems. Mim's stoic positive nature is an inspiration. The three hours went so quickly. Tonight Mum cooked a roast beef dinner but, unfortunately, the main oven went off before the end with a bang - it seems that one of the internal fuses must have blown - that's my diagnosis anyway. We watched some TV before Mum went to bed quite early. I followed not long afterwards but couldn't get to sleep immediately. I read for a little while and then forced myself to sleep - I have a long journey back to Wiltshire tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment