Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Roast

Another grey January day today. I woke at around 7.30 a.m. and made tea for Sara and myself. I was the only one from the family who went to church this morning - a very good Eucharist service given by Nils on the topic of relationships. After the service I had a very pleasant chat with him. This afternoon Sara and Mary went to Bournemouth where Sara was attending a wedding fair at the Wessex Hotel with one of the Vie colleagues she went to Birmingham with. This left Tom and me at home where we watched the Liverpool v Everton derby game (result 2-2) on SkySports TV. I also prepared and cooked the evening meal - roast pork with all the trimmings which we ate when Sara and Mary returned - a lovely family meal but a bit heavy on the propoints I think! I rang Mum this evening. She had been out for lunch at her friend's, Freda's, house on the other side of town with some other friends. She'd also had a phone conversation today with my sister so that was nice for her. I shall be seeing her in a week's time when I call in for a couple of days after my weekend in Liverpool. I went to bed quite early this evening - feeling quite tired although I actually didn't fall asleep for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment