Thursday, January 06, 2011

Weigh-In Day

A miserable rainy day today - again! These January days are so bleak. After dropping Mary off at school Sara and I drove into Stockbridge for our weekly Fight Fighters meeting. After all the excesses of New Year's Eve we were both feeling quite apprehensive and I certainly felt that I had put on some weight. When we arrived there was a host of new members signing in - obviously those who had decided to make weight loss a New Year's resolution - and we had to prolong the agony of waiting until we were called to be weighed. It was quite clear from comments around us that most people had also put on weight. Sara went before me and was congratulated on only putting on a further one and a half pounds and when it was my turn I was shocked (as was the leader) that I had, in fact, lost another two pounds! The exercising must really have done something to help. My total loss for the seven weeks we've been going is now 1 stone and 5 pounds - just under an average of three pounds per week. Only another two and a half pounds to go to my 10% loss target. I really would like to make it next week because it will be another milestone achieved and see me half-way to my ideal weight. I will also be close to the weight I had when Sara and I first got together. In fact, the total weight loss for the group this week was three and a half pounds of which I had contributed two! This afternoon I did some work in the study and also prepared for the House Group this evening. We read and studied Habbakkuk - a most interesting book of the Old Testament - one of the twelve "minor" prophets. We only had a small group, Sara and I and James and Susan. It was a very pleasant evening around the log fire. James stayed behind for a couple of glasses of wine which my weight loss programme allowed me to have this evening. A satisfactory day despite a few problems on the work front which are now, hopefully, resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment