Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A quiet day at home

My first full day back at home following my sojourn "up north" and I deliberately made it a fairly leisurely day. Tom was off school today as he had only got back late last night (about midnight) from a school trip to the Apollo Theatre in London and all those who went were given a day off. He spent most of it down the "rec" playing football with some other lads. I caught up on my correspondence and did some consultancy work this morning and then went into Andover to bank some cheques and get a few items from Sainbury's. This afternoon Sara attended her first training session to become a lay pastoral assistant in the church and came back feeling very positive about the whole thing. I am really pleased. It is a ten-weeks' course leading to a commissioning in church once completed. I collected Mary from school and enjoyed the walk into the village and back despite the drizzle which came down on the way back. I had a littler snooze this afternoon - all that driving is finally catching up on me - and this evening Sara and I watched two episodes of the new Upstairs Downstairs television drama which we both enjoyed immensely. Feeling a bit apprehensive about visiting Weight Watchers tomorrow as I have rather indulged myself whilst in Liverpool. If I have not put on any weight I'll be pleased but if I've lost any I'll be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment