Friday, January 14, 2011

Lunch with the Lads

Tom was feeling unwell this morning and so didn't go to school. Although I still got up quite early I didn't need to make him any breakfast. I had three small Lidl's reduced fat sausages myself. I spent the morning working on a couple of cases and giving advice as well as writing up the blog for yesterday. Chris and Richard called round at 12 noon and we all walked to the Lord Nelson's Arms for lunch and to congratulate Roger on his election success yesterday. The pub was very full this lunchtime which was pleasing to see for Roger but kept Sara very busy. I had a simple meal of egg and chips (rather naughty but nice) and just one pint of fairly weak beer. After walking back home I decided to go for a two and a half miles walk to East Winterslow to work off some of my lunch. It was a really pleasant walk (lasting an hour) and I met and chatted to Anthony S. up at the dairy farm as I walked along Mill Lane. Returning to Winterslow the rain started to fall and blow into my face and the last half mile was not at all pleasant. I returned quite wet. Tonight Sara was helping up at the Youth Club and I went to Sarum Academy to sort out the subscriptions for the Clarendon Under 14s Junior FC taking my little netbook with me. Fortunately I was able to collect some outstanding subs from the first half of the season which should please the committee. Back home Tom and I watched the Colchester v Bournemouth game on SkySports 3 HD with a pleasing result of Colchester 2 Bournemouth 1. This result will help Southampton's consolidation in an automatic promotion place if they beat Notts. County tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment