Friday, January 28, 2011

Another Farewell Do at The Boathouse

Another day spent mainly at home. I received a text inviting me to attend the farewell drinks party of a former work colleague and client at The Boathouse this evening which I accepted. As I would be going into Salisbury this evening to take Tom to his football training at Sarum Academy this would not require me to make any extra journey. I did some work this morning in the study and began to write my lecture for the Civic Lodge meeting on the 7th February - I will not be attending that meeting due to a prior commitment at Tom's school but have promised to write a lecture for another brother to deliver in my absence. The topic will surround the biblical story of Jephthah and his destruction of the Ephraimites in the Book of Judges. The day seemed to pass very quickly today. Sara did her stint at the Lord Nelson whilst I researched my lecture and as arranged I took Tom to his football training and then joined ex-work colleagues at The Boathouse. It was nice to see some old faces and many people said how much better I looked for having shed a few pounds. Encouraging words to keep me focused. I must say that everybody who has left my old company looks much younger and healthier and those leaving seem delighted to be going. After returning to our village I walked down to the Lion's Head to join Richard, Klynn Chris and two of Chris's colleagues from Diego Garcia. We spent a very pleasant couple of hours chewing the cud with amusing anecdotes from Chris about some of his adventures in the Royal Navy. Seems to have been quite a long day today with still so many things left undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment