Monday, January 03, 2011

A Long Cycle Ride

No one got up particularly early today as it was another bank holiday. Spent the morning at home with Sara and Mary going into Salisbury to do some shopping later on. Tom and I watched the Huddersfield v. Sheffield Wednesday game with Huddersfield winning 1-0 to displace Southampton from the second spot (for a couple of hours at least). As soon as the game had finished I set off on an eleven and a half miles cycle ride to East Grimstead, Dean and back to Winterslow. It was an easy ride down to East Grimstead and along the Dun Valley to Dean to a bit of an uphill struggle on the way back. It was bitingly cold again today with sleet as I set off. Still I managed the circuit in two hours - walking parts of the route where the hills were quite steep. That earned me 12 pro-points and a small bottle of wine later tonight. Tom and I watched the football news when I got back and we were both delighted that Southampton secured another win (this time away to Dagenham & Redbridge) - 1-3. This put them back up to second place with a wonderful +17 goal difference. I had a lovely bath once back to ease my muscles - in fact, although I haven't cycled eleven and a half miles for many years, all the walking has helped and and I haven't ached at all - yet! Unfortunately our Internet server went down today and I was unable to write this up last night. We lost all Internet device use. Sara and I watched the first of a two-part serialisation of the life of the Emperor Augustus - starring Peter O'Toole.

No comments:

Post a Comment