Friday, January 21, 2011

Up to Liverpool

Another early start today as I attended the Ambassador's Business Breakfast at the Grasmere Hotel this morning at 7.30 a.m. I had a hearty breakfast of bacon, black pudding, sausage, two eggs and some mushrooms. After the meeting and filling my car with the most expensive fuel ever, I returned home to complete my packing before setting off for Liverpool. In fact, I didn't get away until about 11.30 a.m. I had an uneventful journey up to West Bromwich where congestion made me decide to come off the motorway and head through Wolverhampton and up the A41 through Whitchurch to Runcorn and then over the Mersey Bridge to Liverpoool. I stopped briefly at Morison's and the Mersey Retail Centre in Speke (where I had a coffee) before driving to my friend Malcolm's flat in Sefton Park. Mum rang as I was driving through Mossley Hill to tell me that the results of her medical tests were negative and that she was much relieved to find she had no malignant ailment. I had prayed a lot for her health and felt quite confident that she had nothing to worry about. I am so pleased that all is okay as I do worry about her worrying. Tonight Malcolm and I walked to the Aigburth Vale chippie where I bought a prawn chow mein for supper. I had no lunch so didn't feel too guilty about having such a meal. however the wine and Irish whiskey probably haven't helped my weight loss programme. We spent the evening catching up on how life has been for us over the last twelve months and how we see things panning out in the future. Looking forward to a good night's sleep and the Tranmere v. Saints game tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment