Sunday, January 09, 2011

Down the Romsey "Rabbits"

Up early again this morning - a cold, frosty but dry morning. Sara and the children stayed at home when I walked the mile to church to attend the Morning Eucharist. Elizabeth took the service and gave an excellent and quite long sermon on John the Baptist and the baptism of Christ. Most interesting and well put together. After coffee and a chat with one or two people, and learning that Dawn is moving to Louise's cottage which Louise is leaving to go and live with her boyfriend, I walked back home with Chris (who has now finished his assignment in Diego Garcia) and his some Seb. I learned that his other son, Ollie, is now acting as a lifeguard at the popular water leisure centre Romsey Rapids which Mary used to call, when she was much younger "Romsey Rabbits". The "Rabbits" came up in conversation when I told Chris that I was planning to take Mary there this afternoon. Back home I cooked grilled bacon and sausages for us all as a kind of brunch before I took Sara and Mary to Romsey (Ower actually) for Sara to be picked up by her Vie manager, Jane, to take Sara and other Vie ladies to a two-day shindig in Birmingham. Somehow Jane managed to squeeze herself and four other ladies, and all their bagge and Sara's mattress (don't ask) into her BMW 3-series car for the 120-miles trip to Birmingham. Once Sara was on her way, Mary and I went to Romsey Rapids where we spent an enjoyable hour and a half splashing about and I also managed to get a bit of serious swimming in too as part of my exercise regime. After stoppong at Waitrose to buy a beef joint and accompaniments we returned home for the Fourth Round Draw of the FA Cup. Southampton have been drawn at home against .... Manchester United!" Again!! This evening I cooked the children and myself roast beef with Yorkshire pudding (I didn't have any!), mange touts, carrots and roast potatoes with gravy. I am delighted to report that every morsel was eaten! After such a busy day I was hoping to relax this evening but I still seem to have so much correspondence to deal with. I'll not to go to bed too late tonight. I'll start early tomorrow with getting some of the correspondence away.

No comments:

Post a Comment