Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Down to the Gym (and the Sauna!)

A miserable grey day today - one of those horrible January days when you feel very lethargic, don't want to get up and don't want to do anything - despite knowing you have things you must do. I convinced myself that I must have put on weight overnight especially as I found it hard to sleep last night and got up to watch some of the Ashes Test and also watch two Air Crash Investigation programmes I had recorded whilst nibbling cheesy Wotsits - need to free up the HD+ digital recorder by the way. Sara had the heating going full blast today as she found it cold - that did not help my lethargy as I like colder temperatures, what I call "fresh" but which she refers to as "polar", which wake me up. I worked in the study this morning on some consultancy work whilst Sara took herself off to Morning Star - giving me the opportunity to turn the radiators down too! However I was still feeling jaded at lunchtime. In fact, this afternoon, to get myself out of this bloated lethargic feeling, I drove into Salisbury - visiting the amenity tip and off loading some of the excessive refuge which has accumulated, then parking at the leisure centre. I walked from there to the High Street (a journey of just under a mile) and back in the pouring rain to deposit some cheques with the Halifax. That really did wake me up as I got drenched! Once back at the leisure centre I spent an hour in the gym (and the lovely hot sauna) before returning home via Waitrose. An amusing incident occurred in the sauna. Two young lads and a young girl (English) came in and started to talk suggestively in French whilst I sat there quietly being sauteed. Just before I got up to leave I started to speak to them in French to their utter surprise and embarrassment. We all had a good laugh. Tonight we ate Weight Watchers chicken curry and a lovely naan bread (an horrific 11 pro-points - total 19 pro-points!!) Well if I have put on some weight may as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb. Just hope that the cycling and walking earlier in the week will help - after all I still have some points left over for the week and tomorrow is the big weighing-in day. Another early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment