Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sara back home - Saints on form away

A much drier but windy day today. Was up with the lark and after waking Tom up made him his usual breakfast of sausages and bacon. Sara is still away in Birmingham. Mary was up at 7.45 a.m. and got herself ready for school. For once she appeared to be in a pretty good mood for so early in the morning. Tom got off alright and Mary and I walked up to school together and after buying a newspaper I walked back home. Quite a bit of work to do this morning with a new client in the home maintenance business requiring some redundancy advice. I needed to draft a letter to send out to his staff. Sara phoned just before 11 a.m. to say that she had set off from Birmingham and should be at Ower around 1 p.m. I met her there just after 1 p.m. and had coffee with her and her Vie colleagues in The Vine Inn - Jane and three of her other direct reports. Back home, Sara picked up Mary from school after we had a light lunch (soup for Sara and a king prawn salad for me). I dealt with some more work and cleaned the car after which I had an enjoyable soak in the bath. Tonight Sara was out at Janet C's for a Jamie at home kitchenware party. Tom and I watched SkySports News to follow the Oldham v Southampton game. Saints managed to equal their best ever away scoreline (that of 0-6 at Wolves - we were there!) with six separate goalscorers. I feel very confident, now, that we will overtake Brighton and snatch the League One Champions Cup by the end of the season. Sara and I celebrated that and her homecoming with some champagne - well why not. I have got quite a lot of weekly and activity ProPoints in hand and weigh-in is only 48 hours away!

No comments:

Post a Comment