Monday, January 10, 2011

Choices! Choices! Choices!

My alarm went off at 6.15 a.m. and I then went into a light slumber until 7.20 a.m. In a mad panic I woke Tom up and hurriedly made him a grilled breakfast of sausages and bacon. Fortunately he got off on time. I woke Mary at 8.00 a.m. to receive a grumpy grunt but she did come round and was all ready for school and a light breakfast of waffles by 8.30 a.m. I drove Mary to school this morning and was back for a coffee by 9.15 a.m. After checking emails and dealing with some correspondence I spent most of the morning cleaning and tidying our bedroom until it was time to go off to Debbie's to pick up Ben for his midday walk. I took him out for about an hour today - down Witt Road and into Bentley Wood walking our short circuit which takes us down the hill and through the picnic area back to the Witt Road gate and home. Debbie and I have agreed that I need only take Ben out when I want to and not as a definite commitment. This means that when I want a dog to help me exercise Ben will be available. Apparently he has only been getting short walks recently because his owners have been ill. He certainly seemed to enjoy his 2-mile circuit with me today. This afternoon after a lunch of cold roast beef salad, I put all the Christmas decorations back up in the loft with the exception of the dismantled Christmas tree which doesn't seem to want to go back into its designated box. As Sara got it out, I have left it in the family room for her to assist me get it back in! Sara seems to be enjoying herself with her Vie girls in Birmingham.T onight is a gala dinner so I don't expect to hear anything from her until tomorrow. This evening I took Tom and Mary to Tom's school where there was an open evening for parents and pupils to discuss the GCSE options for Years 10 and 11. We spent about an hour and a half visiting different departments but the problem seems to be that there are timetable clashes for subjects Tom wants to take. At the moment it looks like French, geography, religious studies and drama or physical education together with the four main core subjects - English, maths, science and ICT. We will need to have a family conference on Sara's return. I think Tom is realising that his strengths are with the written word - something which I would be delighted about as I enjoy writing very much. Feel quite tired today having earned 10 activity points and so far consumed well below for my daily allowance. Think a glass or two of wine and some goats cheese is in order before I turn in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment