Sunday, January 02, 2011

A long walk to Pitton

We were up early today as the family were acting as the sidespersons for the morning Epithany All Age Eucharist service at All Saints. The service was taken by Cynthia who had put together her talk with a congregation of young children in mind - unfortunately very few young children were present today. After the service I put on my walking shoes and kit and walked the two and a half miles to Pitton across the top of the ridge and had a pint of very good Sussex Ale for only £2.90 a pint at the Silver Plough pub. I stayed there for about half an hour enjoying the rest and the pint in the warmth before setting off back home along the valley road returning via Dunstable cross, Cobb Lane and up Middleton Road. A total of 5.54 miles which took me about two and quarter hours of walking. I would have got to Pitton earlier had I not taken a wrong turning on the top of the ridge and ended up in a farmyard instead of down in the village. At least I'll know the proper way next time. Back home I ate one of Sara's excellent cottage pies for lunch then had a nice warm bath before watching some Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads episodes on the DVD player. Having an early night again tonight as I have some more work to be getting on with tomorrow. I am enjoying my walking and hope to gradually increase my trips so I am walking about ten miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment