Thursday, January 27, 2011

Up for the Cup!

Quite a busy day today. After seeing the children off to their respective schools, Sara and I drove over to Stockbridge for this week's "Fat Fighters" weigh-in. Despite my rather indulgent weekend in Liverpool and Sara having attacked the chocolate biscuits I brought back with the Christmas presents we both each lost 2lbs. I was delighted for Sara - she is now back on the road to weight loss recovery and embarrassed for myself as I was quite convinced that either I would have stayed the same or put some on. Now only one and a half pounds to the two-stones marker. Should do that this week if I behave myself. After a protein based breakfast, I took Sara's car out to refuel it and also called in at Phipson's, the local garage, to replace her offside headlamp bulb. They were able to do it there and then and it was replaced in a matter of about ten minutes. This afternoon I picked up Tom from school, again in Stockbridge, and we drove down to St. Mary's Stadium so that he could meet some of the players (Chaplow, Lallana and Do Prado) and have his photograph taken alongside the FA Cup. I also asked Sara to take a photo of me (Sara and Mary joined us later) which is shown in this blog. After this we all met up at the MacDonald's in Ower where I had a small chicken wrap (9 pro-points!) and Sara had a chicken and bacon salad. I left the rest of the family there to drive to Alderbury for the Joint Team PCCs meeting where we spent an hour discerning potential lay worship leaders before breaking out into our separate PCC groups. It will be very interesting to see who the discernment process picks out. Richard and I ended the day in the Lion's Head discussing the meeting and some of our own domestic topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment