Friday, January 07, 2011

Expedition to Tesco's ("I may be some time")

Yet another miserable wet day today. It was so dark and horrible when I woke early at 6.00 a.m. today. After showering, dressing in my suit and making Sara a cup of tea I drove to my fortnightly breakfast business meeting at the Grasmere Hotel where I had a protein loaded breakfast of sausage, egg, bacon, black pudding and mushrooms. After that I spent the rest of the morning in Tesco's getting in the week's groceries - how I hated it. I spent a total of 2 hours and £120 chasing up and down the aisles to find the items on a list which Sara had emailed to me on my BlackBerry! How sad is that? The only worse experience I can think of is being in IKEA! At least there you can find a good restaurant facility and Swedish meatballs! No respite in Tesco's. How so much more I prefer Waitrose. I can find things in there okay. Here in Tesco's I had to ask about six or seven times where things were and seemed to go backwards and forwards to find things. I think I gained as many activity points in those two hours as I would have done on a five mile hike! Eventually I got everything on the list and drove back to Winterslow where I called in at the Lord Nelson to see Sara and enjoy a half a pint of bitter - Hopback. Back home, and after putting away all the groceries I enjoyed a shrimp salad lunch before getting down to some more work in the study. Tonight I took Tom to his football practice at Sarum Academy where I had a long chat with Gary before sitting down to read. On our return Sara had cooked a chicken and roast vegetable dinner which was absolutely delicious. Roast vegetables taste so sweet these days. An early night is called for as tomorrow Tom and I have to go to Winchester for a Clarendon JFC match in the morning and the afternoon at St. Mary's to see Southampton play Blackpool in the third round of the FA Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment