Thursday, January 13, 2011

Silver Award at Fat Fighters

Weigh-In day today at Fat Fighters. I tried to convince myself that I must have lost weight as we drove across to Stockbridge but also know that I have enjoyed my wine (and beer last night) and eaten quite well during the week. My target was 2 and half pounds but was convinced that I had blown it. The car park at the Grosvenor Hotel was absolutely full so we had to park in the main street in Stockbridge. When we got to the Weight Watchers' room it was absolutely brimming with new "fatties" and once again we had to queue to be weighed - adding to the agony. Sara went first and had put on half a pound - not bad seeing that she had been to a gala dinner and had been nibbling this week. I was shocked again to discover that I had lost another 3 pounds (half a pound more than my personal target for the week) which meant that I had reached my 10% loss target and chalked up a total loss since I started eight weeks ago of more that a stone and a half! I was presented with a silver award by the leader, Karen which is a silver keyring upon which to put my gold key if and when I reach my ultimate target weight - some further two and a half stones to go I might add! Felt really chuffed with myself. The reason that I feel especially pleased is that it does show that when I put my mind to something and work hard I can achieve my targets. This is something I intend to continue with other things in life. Being focused is the answer. I have been lucky as I haven't gone backwards and now feel I must use my own motivational mood to help Sara get back on track herself. Today Sara and I cast our votes in the Parish Council By-Election. This evening I led the House Group in a study of the Book of Micah which we read through completely. Parts of it were quite easy but much of it we found quite hard - challenging us to question the full nature of the prophesy and its implications for us today. Micah suggests that God punishes the unfaithful - those who turn away, yet that does not square with New Testament reading. This is always the difficulty when reading something from the old covenant with knowledge of the new and we concluded that it was important to understand Micah within the historical context. Fascinating stuff. Just before going to sleep we learned that Roger Stanwell, the landlord of the Lord Nelson's Arms had won the by-election. We are so pleased for him and the village. Richard, Chris and I must go down tomorrow for a drink to congratulate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment