Monday, January 16, 2012

Beautiful Sunrise

Another incredibly cold start to the day - thick frost/ice on the ground and cars and the most wonderful sunrise which I recorded on my new SLR camera.  The result simply doesn't do justice to seeing the real thing.  Today I drove into Salisbury to take my car in for repairs following my accident in December in Lincoln.  I picked up a Vauxhall Meriva hire car in "chilli red" as a replacement.  It took about half an hour to deal with all the paperwork and receive instructions connected with the hire car and I didn't get back home until after 11 a.m.  This afternoon I went into Andover to deposit another £120 or so for the Calendar.  With donations in direct through the hospital's "Just Giving" page, we have raised over £14,000.  Less than £1,000 to go to buy the biopsy machine for the hospital.  Fantastic!   We had a scare this evening when, after much protest, Mary got around to cleaning out the hamster's cage.  The hamster escaped and with two cats on the prowl we nearly had a fatality.  Fortunately the rodent was found in the back of Mary's wardrobe and returned to captivity before either of the cats was aware of a meal on legs!  I had a short meeting this evening with Roger to discuss menus and ideas for the Lord Nelson's Titanic Evening in April.  Should be a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment