Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Quiet Day at Home Reading

A day spent at home.  The weather was bright and sunny in the morning but turned cold and overcast as the day progressed.  I worked in the study, reading, for most of the daylight hours - on Complex work and generally tidying up.  Sara, as usual, went to Morning Star and I visited Truffles' to deliver a couple of calendars and had a mid-morning pot of tea and a chat with one or two people there.  I had a long telephone conversation with one of my former work colleagues who is finding the work there something of a strain.  I was able to sympathise and provide some pastoral care - a good practice for my ministry - and hopefully gave them a little comfort. Afterwards,  Sara and I watched a documentary on the passion of Christ followed by a couple of comedy programmes - Not Going Out and The Young Ones.  A relatively early night tonight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment