Thursday, January 19, 2012

House Group followed by Father Ted

Up early this morning to collect my car after its repair following my accident in Lincoln before Christmas.  The car had been beautifully cleaned and the rear bumper was brand new.  I still have a problem with the nearside front wheel which has been damaged by a pothole and consequently leaks air from the tyre.  I have ordered a new tyre and wheel which, hopefully, will be fitted next week.  Worked on the Surrey case this afternoon in readiness for the Tribunal hearing tomorrow. I also phone my former wife, Laura, and spoke to her for the first time in fifteen years!   We discussed what we wanted to do with the companies we still jointly own. A matter of fact but not unpleasant chat.   Tonight we had a good number attending house group where we continued our exploration of Paul's Letter to the Romans.  After the meeting James and Sophie stayed behind to watch an episode of Father Ted and have a glass of wine.  Sophie had never seen Father Ted which I told her (rather tongue in cheek) had been my inspiration for a call to ministry! Busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment