Saturday, January 14, 2012

A day Interpreting the Bible

A very long day today at the Diocesan Education Centre where I began my third module for the Foundation Degree in Ministry.  The session was taken by Debbie who is a recently admitted licensed minister in my own Clarendon team and with whom I shall be working very closely once I am admitted and licensed myself. Sophie was also studying this module - Interpreting the Bible - as a "lay interested person".   We started at 10 a.m. and went right through to 4 p.m. with a short break for lunch which was on a packed/bring and share basis - Sophie having forgotten to pack hers!  I listened to the Saints game on the car radio on the way home - a 0-3 win for Saints against Nottingham Forest.  West Ham also beat Portsmouth at Fratton Park and with a defeat for Middlesbrough at home and a draw for Cardiff leave Saints and The Hammers four points clear above the play-off zone.  Tonight I had a lovely soothing bath and tweaked my sermon again - reducing it to A5 size for easy handling in church tomorrow.  Reasonably happy with it.  I feel a heavy cold coming on, though, and hope that I will feel well enough to deliver it at All Saints tomorrow.  I have dosed myself up with whisky and hope that will help.  Mustn't have a hangover though.  Learned today that the husband of one of my former colleagues at work has a terminal disease. Similar age to me - how tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment