Friday, January 20, 2012

A day and an evening in Surrey

A really full day today starting with an Ambassadors' breakfast meeting overlooking Salisbury Cathedral at the Grasmere Hotel in Harnham.  Sold four Calendars and came away with another £35 for the breast cancer fund.  Back home I dealt quickly with some mail before setting off for Surrey to attend a meeting with clients and a telephone case management discussion with the Employment Tribunal in Croydon.  In total I spent three hours with clients which included a rather nice sandwich lunch (second meal of the day provided in the course of my consultancy practice!).  Following the meeting and hearing I drove to Dorking where I enjoyed a coffee at Costa Coffee in Dorking High Street and read some of my course reading for my college ministry formation day at Sarum College tomorrow.  A pleasant interlude to a somewhat hectic day.  From Dorking I drove along the A25 towards Reigate to the Arkle Manor restaurant where I was dining with some of my former work colleagues from Dorking.  Four of us had a really delightful dinner - excellent food and service which I can recommend - and chatted about old times and what we are all currently doing.  There have been so many changes since I left that I can hardly recognise the company I work for.  I realise just how much I have moved on.  Provided they continue to pay my pension to allow me to pursue my interests and new calling I am content.  I left the restaurant at 8.30 p.m. and gave my friend Anthony a lift back to his home in Southwater before driving along the A272 back to Wiltshire.  A lovely evening and despite all the travelling (something which I used to do almost daily!) a well worth trip back to old haunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment