Monday, January 02, 2012

Big defeat for Saints at Brighton

Yet another Bank Holiday today - but the last of the current series - tomorrow is definitely back to work.  Tom is also back to school tomorrow although both Sara and I (and Tom) thought he had another day off.  I took him over to his friend Doug's house in Middle Wallop to spend the day there and then drove on to Amesbury to visit Lidl's and Tesco for some urgent shopping.  After completing this task I drove briefly into Salisbury to deliver a Calendar to Hilary, our former colleague at FP who has now also retired and enjoying life as a recent grandmother.  Back home, with the weather dry and the sun shining I tackled pruning the crab apple tree on the back lawn. It has grown up substantially over the summer with all the rain and its tall branches and twigs now catch my flags when the wind is blowing (as it usually does) from the south west and I am hauling them down in the evening.  Later in the afternoon I listened to the Brighton v. Saints match on the radio.  This was the match I had tried to get tickets for last Thursday.  I am so glad that I failed to get them - the result was a terrible 3-0 defeat for the Saints with Ricky Lambert being sent off for violent conduct and now having a three match ban.  Following the match I went back to Middle Wallop to pick up Tom and after filling up with fuel at Andover returned home.  Another quiet night in tonight with a bath and an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment