Monday, January 30, 2012

Rose Croix at Brighton

Up early this morning to deal with my mail and other paperwork following my very lazy day yesterday.  There was snow on the ground this morning - albeit a sprinkling, and the air was bitterly cold.  As the morning progressed so the snow dissipated and the sun came out for a while. Sara and I popped over to Truffles' Coffee Shop and then Sara drove into Salisbury.  I stopped off at David M's to deliver his newspaper bill which Tom hadn't been able to do because he couldn't find the house (it not being on his usual round).   This afternoon I drove across to Brighton to attend my Rose Croix Chapter. We had a very pleasant meeting when we had a demonstration of a perfection ceremony with a fish and chips supper to follow.  I really enjoy this Christian Degree.  I sat opposite somebody who had once been a guide around Wilton House and knew well the Double Cube Room where Sara and the Calendar Girls all stripped off for their Christmas photograph.  It never ceases to amaze me what a really small world it is. Although the weather remained bitterly cold there was no more snow and I returned to Winterslow at just after 11 p.m. after a really good clear journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment