Thursday, January 26, 2012

Meeting the Bishop

I took Mary to school this morning as it was raining quite heavily.  After returning for a cup of coffee and to deal with some urgent paperwork and have a shower, I drove over to Westbury to spend a couple of hours with my fellow LLM student, Ashley, going through my portfolio and catching up and exchanging ideas for our next module.  We spent a very pleasant time at his home going through our study papers over coffee and Irish bread and jam before I went into Salisbury to hand in my first portfolio and also buy a new car charger for my BlackBerry (I've lost or misplaced my original one).   I also called in at Sarum College bookshop to buy some course books for this term.  Sara was interviewed this afternoon for the position of Administrator for the Tuesday Friendship Club for the elderly.  She seemed reasonably happy with the way the interview went but later in the afternoon learnt that she had not been successful.  Quite a disappointment to me as I was sure she would get the post.  I took a photograph of the Moon with my new camera to try out the long exposure facility.  The result is shown in the blog.  This evening, instead of sitting through a Parochial Church Council meeting in the village I attended an LLM meeting with Bishop Graham at St. Thomas's House in Salisbury.  A very interesting meeting giving me an opportunity to chat to the Bishop quite informally and exchange some ideas on how to grow the church.  Tonight we had a Skyped conversation with Sara's Dad and Andrea and Sara has, I think, managed to complete her tax return with four days still to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment