Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Preparing for the Curry n' Quiz Evening

I was up early and took Mary into school today as it was lashing down with rain this morning.  Both Sara and I stayed at home all day with Sara completing the parish magazine and starting on her tax return and me working on my portfolio and catching up on emails, post and bills.  Tonight we both visited Weight Watchers where I had put on another half an pound in the last two weeks.  Not too bad but I am acutely aware that I need to get back to tracking my points again - these dark days and increased work in the study are not helping my exercise regime.  Following the Weight Watchers' session, Richard and I met with Paula P in the Lord Nelson to plan out the Curry n' Quiz Evening in aid of the Calendar Girls's appeal.  This is to take place on Saturday but, unfortunately, there are several Burns' Nights activities that evening too which means that we think we will have lower numbers than hoped for.  We had a pleasant chat, after finalising arrangements for the Quiz and found that we were all the proverbial "grumpies" who hate bad English and the use of text abbreviations.  I am now looking forward to the Quiz on Saturday very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment