Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dinner at the Red Lion Hotel

A busy morning.  After breakfast I attended the Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's followed by the Full Clarendon Ministry Team meeting in the Team Office.  The two LLMs and I had lunch together in the Lord Nelson before I returned home to join Sara and our friend Jan for coffee.  I spent the afternoon working in the study and this evening Sara and I attended the Ambassadors' "Christmas" lunch event at the Red Lion Hotel in Salisbury.  Sara had grilled goat's cheese, fresh sea bream and pear in red wine with clotted cream, and I had a spicy prawn cocktail (containing Tabasco I think) and the other two dishes chosen by Sara.  The bream was served on a bed of vegetable "stew" with mussels which I enjoyed; but Sara would have preferred conventional vegetable.  A very pleasant evening talking to some new people who had come along as guests. It is not often that Sara and I get the chance to go out together without the children.  It made a very pleasant change.

No comments:

Post a Comment