Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In the Dentist's Chair - Again!

I went back into Salisbury this morning and worked in Sarum College for a couple of hours.  I had hoped to park at the college today  but by the time I arrived, 10 a.m., the car park was full and so I had to pay to park on the fourth floor of the shoppers' car park.  I tucked myself away on the second floor library room and started to plan my portfolio.  I also had to deal with a tribunal matter for a client which at least earned me some money this morning.  At 12.15 I arrived at the dentists' to have my teeth cleaned and also to have a filling.  I was in the dentists for about an hour.  Although my mouth felt swollen from the anaesthetic, I had a coffee and and a danish pastry at Cafe Nero, primarily to take away the horrible taste in my mouth.  I eventually managed to get my car out of the car park (the ticket would not be validated) following a visit to the ground floor office.  I had a meeting with my training incumbent at 2 p.m. and was slightly late for this.  He was also running a bit late so it worked out well for us both.  I showed him my draft sermon and ran through it with him.  He suggested a few tips for Sunday which I will work on and incorporate.  I finally got home at 3.30 p.m. and had a cup of tea with Sara.  Sara had spent most of the day cleaning the carpets with the industrial cleaner she had borrowed.  She is still not feeling very well and I tried my hand at some of the cleaning too but found the machine difficult to operate.  I made a curry for us tonight.  Feel like an early night again.

1 comment:

  1. An impressive list this will not only be of use for a dentistry student but is equally useful for a practicing dentist. Nostalgic about the good old days when studies used to the only concern in life.

    Costa Mesa dentist

    ReplyDelete