Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Preparing for my first full service


Up really early this morning to attend a dental appointment at 8.10 a.m. in Salisbury.  My dentist has just returned from an exotic holiday in Slovenia and decided that I need another filling and an assault by the dental hygienist - so more money flowed out of my wallet!  Whilst in Salisbury I had my hair cut, banked another £284 for the Calendar, as well as some personal banking, and called in to see an old colleague of our from FP days who wanted a Calendar.  I arrived back home at around noon for a hastily eaten home made soup and a roll before doing some Complex work and then spending an hour and a half with my incumbent in the rectory where we discussed the arrangements and logistics for the service I am taking at West Dean on Sunday.  Came away feeling just how little I know of theological and liturgical matters.  The learning process is never ending.  I finished off some more Complex work this evening whilst Sara attended an LPA meeting in the village.  Feeling very tired tonight - especially as I have re-started the Weight Watchers' regime with a vengeance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment