Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Confined to barracks

I was woken at 4.30 a.m. today by howling wind and rain.  Looking out of our bedroom window I saw our flagpole swaying excessively in the high winds and so I ventured out into the darkness and wetness of our garden to dismantle it - before it dismantled itself through our bedroom window!  Absolutely awful weather this morning.  As I write this tonight, the flagpole still remains horizontal on our rear lawn for fear of further high winds.  A lot of people have missed it today - after all it is a village landmark - but hopefully they will realise that it is only a temporary disappearance.  The news reported deaths and destruction throughout the UK (particularly in the north) with winds of over 100 m.p.h.  I only ventured out twice today - once to go to the village shop for some light bulbs - the sky has been so dark and overcast that I needed a stronger light bulb for my study - and to go to Weight Watchers where the damage done over Christmas was revealed.  It's back to the strict point-counting again.  I must try and make sure that I don't allow this excessive work to interfere with a good exercise regime.  Today was not a good day to start exercising though - the weather kept me indoors and so I set about tidying up the study and dealing with all those bits of paper I've been putting to one side - especially the bills.  The whole morning was engaged in this activity and this afternoon and evening I have been working for clients. Ginny joined me for a time and stared frustratingly out of the window at the wet and windy weather.  I felt quite depressed at one point today when I seemed overwhelmed with so many tasks to complete. Paying the credit card bills didn't help either. However, having dealt with the two big client matters and giving myself more space in my study has made me feel a bit better.  It's now 10 p.m. and I shall go to bed soon to consider and reflect upon the church service I am taking on Sunday.  Up early again tomorrow with a dental appointment at 8.10 a.m. in Salisbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment